Day in day out, from office work to household chores, you use your hands to carry out many activities. Hence, they require a little extra care and pampering daily or once in a while to remain smooth and beautiful!
Here are a few tips to help you maintain clean and pretty hands.
1. Wash Your HandsThis goes without saying. Washing your handsis incredibly important as they are the most germ-ridden body part. Your hands come in contact with various objects that contain germs which eventually transfer onto your hands. However, don’t overdo it by constantly washing your handsas they may dry out. Moreover, it’s better to use lukewarm water when washing your hands. Extremely hot or very cold water will only damage your skin.
2. Pamper Your HandsEvery once in a while your hands require some extra-pampering and relaxation that can only be delivered by a manicure. A manicure is one of the greatest and most relaxing experiences. Not only does it leave your hands looking beautiful, but the massage also improves the blood supply of your hands while relieving tension. Indulging in a good manicure at least once a month will give your hands all the nourishment they need!
3. Scrub Your HandsScrubbing doesn’t imply that you rub your hands harshly. It entails the use of an exfoliating agent. Over a period of time, your hands can darken due to the accumulation of dead skin cells. Exfoliation helps get rid of these skin cells, lightening the color of your hands and making them beautiful again!
4. Protect Your HandsWell, this is easier said than done. You use your hands to carry out a variety of chores, many of which involve coming into contact with damaging substances. Chores such as dishwashing or gardening involve direct contact with chemicals, dirt or grease. While it might be difficult to avoid doing these tasks, you can take some action to protect your hands. Care for your handsby wearing rubber gloves as they will prevent skin damage due to harmful substances. Moreover, they will also ensure that your manicure remains intact!
5. File and Trim Your NailsDirty nails look unappealing and are unhygienic. Whether you have long or short nails, make sure that you file them from time to time to maintain their shape. Moreover, you should also give them a trim to ensure that the edges smoothen out.
6. Moisturize Your HandsUsing your hands too much can cause them to dry out. Moreover, constant exposure to the sun can also make your hands wrinkly and cause dark spots. In order to keep your hands healthy and protected, you need to moisturize them well and often. You can either use an emollient-rich soap to wash your hands or invest in a good moisturizing lotion to keep your hands soft, smooth and supple!
These were some tips to care for your hands. Use them to make sure you treat your skin the right way!