Being quarantined at home during this global pandemic is a great time to invest in some self-care. Because of our busy routines, one thing we often forget to look after is our skin. Your skin suffers a great deal of damage after being exposed to considerable amounts of pollution and other environmental factors. All these elements eventually cause your skin to lose its overall charm and glow.
Here are some great skincare tips for you to get back your glowing skin.
1. Drink Plenty of Water
Water is one of the most important ingredients for your skin and your body. It helps hydrate your skin cells, making them healthier, which helps improve your complexion. Moreover, consuming at least 2 liters of water a day can help flush out the toxins from your system and keep your skin moisturized.
If you don’t like drinking plain water, then you can infuse a few fruits and vegetables to make it drinkable. Foods such as lemons, apples, strawberries and cucumbers add flavor to water while providing your body with some much-needed vitamins and anti-oxidants.
2. Facial Massage
A facial massage can be a great way to stimulate facial muscles and encourage circulation and lymphatic drainage. It helps increase your blood circulation while getting rid of toxins from your skin cells. This helps in combating breakouts, dullness and even fatigue. Moreover, it also helps reduce headaches and under-eye puffiness. All in all, through frequent facial massages, you will notice a significant improvement in the appearance of your skin.
3. Get Your Beauty Sleep
It’s called ‘beauty sleep’ for a reason. Getting an ample amount of rest and sleep is as important as consuming enough water – it helps your body function. Like most of your organs, your skin repairs itself at night while you sleep. So, even if your skin breaks out and becomes dull, it is most likely to revive and rejuvenate itself at night. Moreover, you can include overnight creams in your daily skincare regime to help get rid of dead skin cells so that you wake up with bright and fresh-looking skin.
4. Eat Your Vitamins
Your diet has a direct impact on the health and appearance of your skin. Having a poor diet with lots of junk food can actually be detrimental to your skin. On the other hand, consuming healthy foods such as fruits and vegetable that are rich in vitamins can help improve your skin. Foods that are rich in Omega Fatty Acids such as fish, nuts, etc., can help keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. Moreover, foods that are loaded with water and antioxidants protect your skin’s glow.
Exercising is another great way to get glowing skin. Engaging in any physical activity increases your heart rate and blood circulation and helps get rid of toxins. Just 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week can improve your complexion significantly.
These skincare tips will not only help you get glowing skin, but they will also improve the overall health of your skin by getting rid of toxins!
Massage therapy has been used for centuries to provide relaxation to the mind and body. Not only does massage help in reducing tension, but it also benefits your skin in numerous ways.
Here are a few amazing massage therapy skin benefits.
1. Improves CirculationGetting a massage is not just fun and relaxing, but it has many physical benefits too. The massage improves circulation because of the pressure. This pressure helps unblock congested veins and vessels and allows new blood to flow in, making you feel relaxed and rejuvenated. If you opt for a massage regularly, your skin will have a healthy glow and will be soft and supple.
2. Exfoliates Your SkinDead skin cells build up over time and cause dullness. Getting a massage regularly helps in getting rid of dead skin cells and largely improves the overall health, look and feel of your skin. The process of exfoliation doesn’t only get rid of the dullness, but it also improves the texture of your skin, tightens the pores and brightens your skin. A good facial massage helps get rid of toxins by boosting blood circulation. A facial massage stimulates the movement of blood and muscles, ensuring that toxins don’t build up.
3. Moisturizes Your SkinTo make the most of a massage, you need to make sure that you use the right kind of oils and the right technique. Oils are known to hydrate and/or rehydrate the skin and their nourishing properties. When you use good quality oils for your massage, your skin absorbs the nutrients in the oil and that helps in replenishing the skin. If you choose the wrong oil, it may lead to breakouts and rashes, so make sure you choose a skin-compatible oil.
4. Reverses Aging SignsAs you grow old, you may develop fine lines and wrinkles on your face. Facial massages can reduce signs of aging and prevent them from occurring if you don’t have them yet. When you opt for a facial massage, your skin and muscles are pushed in a certain direction (upwards). This helps your skin stay tight and stops it from sagging.
5. Tightens Skin A massage escalates and increases blood flow to the skin, which leads to skin renewal and regeneration. This is very helpful when people suffer from stretch marks and loose skin due to weight loss.
6. Reduces Stress Stress can have a negative impact on your skin, body and immune system. Try to deal with stress in a positive manner. Your skin gets dull when you are under stress. A massage can stimulate blood flow, reduce built-up tension and help you relax.
All in all, there are many massage therapy skin benefits.Not only does it help combat signs of aging, but it also reduces stress, making your skin appear younger and softer! Opt for a massage now and see the difference yourself!
Who doesn’t want youthful and glowing skin? While there are many anti-aging creams out there, most of them can put a dent in your wallet. However, there are some golden rules that you can follow to get younger-looking and healthy skin.