People with sensitive skin have a number of limitations when it comes to availing spa services. Their skin requires special attention, and in order to enjoy the best spa treatments in Tampa Bay, you need to make sure your skin can stand the trial. What you need is a simple guide that can help you take care of your sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Here are a few tips to make sure your skin doesn’t succumb to the external environmental factors and to avoid common irritants that can aggravate the situation.
• Test the Products First
Whenever you’re out buying new beauty products, make sure you test them first. The test run will help to ensure that the product poses no real threat to your sensitive skin. It’s better to wait at least 24 hours to see if any signs of irritation or redness appear. If you get the all clear, it’s safe to apply the products. This might seem like a hassle at first, but once you find the products that work, you wouldn’t have to repeat the process every time. Even when you go for spa treatments in Tampa Bay, make sure you test the products to avoid any skin problems later on.
• Clean Washcloths for Each Session
Make sure you use a new washcloth or wipe to clean your face every time. Reusing the same cloth can actually harm your skin. Since all the bacteria remains on the washcloth, reusing it would mean it goes back on your skin, thus causing acne and breakouts. If you want to avoid unwanted bacteria, it’s essential to use a clean cloth. Go for a soft cotton flannel as it’s gentle on your skin.
• Moisturize Dutifully
Since you have sensitive skin, make sure you follow a proper skin-care routine daily. By moisturizing every day, you can protect your skin from water loss and create a barrier. This barrier will hold off environmental elements and prevent them from harming your sensitive skin in any way.
Knowledge is power, so make sure you research and find out everything you can about the pros and cons of sensitive skin. Arm yourself with the right resources and always read labels before you buy any products. Your small steps can do great wonders in ensuring the safety of your skin.
Opt for quality spa treatments in Tampa Bay and welcome spring with a flawless look. Avail the quality and cost-effective services at SB Health and Beauty Spa to bring beauty and wellness to your life. Contact us at 813.259.3606 today!
When looking out for your beauty, you have to consider the various parts of your body. Everything counts! Therefore, it does not come as a surprise that nail care is essential to maintaining your beauty. But how do you know if you have strong and healthy nails? Here are some signs you have healthy nails:
• Nail plates are a pinkish-white color
• Nails and white tips are of even length
• Cuticles are existent
• Prominent half-moon shaped white section at nail baseHere are a few tips on how to maintain your nail health.
1. Keep Your Hands CleanYou should make sure your nails and the skin around them is dirt-free, preventing the buildup of bacteria on your hands. You can apply soap to a toothbrush and gently scrub your nails.
2. Use a Nail Brush to Clean Under Your NailsKeep a hygienic nail brush and use it to clean under your nails to keep them completely free of dirt. Make sure to dry them up afterward.
3. Be Gentle on Your NailsYour nails are gentle so don’t be too harsh on them while scrubbing. Avoid using substances like metal or anything that can make you prone to infection.
4. Clip Your Nails RegularlyTrimming your nails regularly is extremely important. The more often you clip or trim them, the stronger they will grow.
5. Keep a Nail File HandySometimes too much use of your hands can cause wear and tear to the nails. You can smooth away any rough edges and get a good finish by using a file anytime.
6. Leave Your Cuticles AloneThe cuticle seals the area at the base of the nail. So cutting or removing them removes the seal of protection, leaving your nails vulnerable to infection and bacteria. Take care of your cuticles and don’t mess with them unnecessarily.
7. Protect Your Nails with Base CoatingYou should base coat when you are painting your nails. This helps make the color look more sustained and protects your nails.
8. Don’t Indulge Excessively In Acrylic or Gel TreatmentsAs long-lasting and convenient as they are, these treatments are harsh on your nails. Gettingthem too frequently can damage your nails.
9. Give Your Nails a BreakSometimes, it is okay to give your nails a breather. Don’t use elaborate nail art and bold colors all the time. Moving from one polish to another without a break can dry out your nails and weaken their structure, over time.
10. Use MoisturizerYou should always moisturize your hands and nails. This keeps your nails hydrated and is really healthy for them. Coconut oil is good for rubbing on your nails and cuticles.
Apart from the things you should be doing, there are some things you shouldn’t be doing. Don’t bite your nails or pull off your hangnails. Also, avoid using harsh nail care products. With these tips in mind, you’ll be good to go.
We all realize the importance of treating our loved ones on special days but it becomes exhausting to decide how. We keep getting them the same gifts every year with no element of surprise and struggle to make the day memorable.