Tips to Get Strong and Healthy Nails
When looking out for your beauty, you have to consider the various parts of your body. Everything counts! Therefore, it does not come as a surprise that nail care is essential to maintaining your beauty. But how do you know if you have strong and healthy nails? Here are some signs you have healthy nails:
• Nail plates are a pinkish-white color
• Nails and white tips are of even length
• Cuticles are existent
• Prominent half-moon shaped white section at nail baseHere are a few tips on how to maintain your nail health.
1. Keep Your Hands CleanYou should make sure your nails and the skin around them is dirt-free, preventing the buildup of bacteria on your hands. You can apply soap to a toothbrush and gently scrub your nails.
2. Use a Nail Brush to Clean Under Your NailsKeep a hygienic nail brush and use it to clean under your nails to keep them completely free of dirt. Make sure to dry them up afterward.
3. Be Gentle on Your NailsYour nails are gentle so don’t be too harsh on them while scrubbing. Avoid using substances like metal or anything that can make you prone to infection.
4. Clip Your Nails RegularlyTrimming your nails regularly is extremely important. The more often you clip or trim them, the stronger they will grow.
5. Keep a Nail File HandySometimes too much use of your hands can cause wear and tear to the nails. You can smooth away any rough edges and get a good finish by using a file anytime.
6. Leave Your Cuticles AloneThe cuticle seals the area at the base of the nail. So cutting or removing them removes the seal of protection, leaving your nails vulnerable to infection and bacteria. Take care of your cuticles and don’t mess with them unnecessarily.
7. Protect Your Nails with Base CoatingYou should base coat when you are painting your nails. This helps make the color look more sustained and protects your nails.
8. Don’t Indulge Excessively In Acrylic or Gel TreatmentsAs long-lasting and convenient as they are, these treatments are harsh on your nails. Gettingthem too frequently can damage your nails.
9. Give Your Nails a BreakSometimes, it is okay to give your nails a breather. Don’t use elaborate nail art and bold colors all the time. Moving from one polish to another without a break can dry out your nails and weaken their structure, over time.
10. Use MoisturizerYou should always moisturize your hands and nails. This keeps your nails hydrated and is really healthy for them. Coconut oil is good for rubbing on your nails and cuticles.
Apart from the things you should be doing, there are some things you shouldn’t be doing. Don’t bite your nails or pull off your hangnails. Also, avoid using harsh nail care products. With these tips in mind, you’ll be good to go.